GIRDER-SLAB® system Features & Benefits
The GIRDER-SLAB® system is the result of combining materials long proven within the industry.
- The building superstructure design and specification process follows established methods and practices applicable to competitive bid or design-build procurement.
- A registered professional engineer is engaged to design the superstructure according to customary practices.
- Superstructure design follows typical AISC steel design criteria including lateral load resistance.
- Steel fabricators can provide the entire steel frame superstructure package including all of the GIRDER-SLAB® system components.
- The D-BEAM® girder is fabricated from a standard rolled wide flange section and flat bar. Fabrication can be self-performed by steel fabricators or they can outsource fabrication of the D-BEAM®.
- The steel erector performs the assembly and erection process for the entire steel and precast superstructure.
- Commonly used precast, prestressed hollow core slabs are available from many precast producers.
Low Floor to Floor Heights
With Structural Steel
The GIRDER-SLAB® system offers the combined advantages of structural steel and flat plate concrete.
- Light weight structural system.
- Composite floor or roof slab assembly.
- Used in combination with a steel frame.
- Choice of column types and perimeter spandrel details.
- Non-combustible construction; meets building code fire rating.
- Utilizes conventional structural steel or concrete lateral load resistance.
- Underside of slabs are free of obstructions to accomodate ductwork and piping.
- Underside of slabs can become finished ceilings.
- Provides faster access to the work of other trades.
- Substantial reduction in on-site waste and debris.
- System is available competitively from customary sources.
- More accurate control of building dimensions & tolerances.
- Lends itself to exterior curtain wall systems to speed building enclosure.
- 100% factory fabricated and engineered components (steel beams & precast slab units).
Features & Benefits
The GIRDER-SLAB® system can meet specific architectural, structural and scheduling requirements.
- 8" or 10" floor depths maximize unit floor to ceiling height while minimizing the height of the building.
- Super-fast structure and building completion.
- Reduced building structure weight.
- Floor plan design flexibility.
- Limited weather impact (including cold climates).
- Structure assembly is one process, one source (Ironworkers).
- Integrates well with retail and parking areas below.
- Meets AISC tolerance standards.
- Meets fire code ratings using UL K912.
- Meets required sound (STC) ratings.
- Limited on-site labor.
- Reduced on-site overhead costs.
- Eliminates/reduces soffits.
- Factory made quality components.
Features & Benefits Gallery